Chronic pain can often be caused by a variety of imbalances that have become deeply embedded in the physiology over years. True healing of these imbalances requires a comprehensive approach, using several healing modalities.
Through its unique assessment of causal imbalances at the basis of a condition and its wide range of time-tested recommendations, SukhAyurveda provides the most comprehensive natural approach for chronic pain available today.
The Root Causes of Chronic Pain
According to Ayurveda, the following are the general types of imbalances at the source of most chronic conditions, including chronic pain:
- Toxins accumulating in tissues and blocking circulation.
- Poor nutrition.
- Poor digestion.
- Imbalance of the nervous system.
- Accumulation of physical and mental stress.
- Lowering of natural resistance and immunity.
- Disruption of natural biological rhythms.
The common modern medical approach that matches drugs to symptoms does not completely address many of these factors. As a result, modern medicine often cannot fully remove the disorder and the condition becomes chronic. Chronic means that the condition persists over time even with the best modern medical treatment.
SukhAyurveda Program for Chronic Pain
SukhAyurveda therapies are not only effective at removing the imbalances at the basis of chronic disorders but also have no significant side-effects. The goal of this Ayurveda approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability not only to help cure chronic pain, but also to prevent disorder and create the highest state of health and well-being.
1) Removing the Buildup of Toxins and Impurities
Most chronic disorders start when toxins accumulate in tissues and begin to disrupt the delicate biochemistry there. Toxin buildup can also obstruct the channels of circulation and elimination. This blockage prevents proper nutrition from reaching the tissues and blocks the processes that cleanse them of impurities.
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides natural recommendations to remove and help prevent toxin accumulation from:
a. Hard-to-digest food
b. Poor digestion
c. Poor elimination
d. Improper metabolism
e. Mental and physical stress
SukhAyurveda Rejuvenation Therapies
The most powerful treatments for removing toxins and opening circulation are the SukhAyurveda Rejuvenation Therapy treatments. This treatment program includes of massage, heat treatment and mild herbal enema. These three treatments are given in combination every day for 5 to 21 days create the ideal internal physical environment for healing.
SukhAyurveda Rejuvenation Therapy treatments address the problem of toxin accumulation by systematically:
- Loosening impurities that have become embedded in tissues and helping liquefy them for easy absorption into the circulation and eventual elimination.
- Softening and opening the channels of circulation and elimination so proper nourishment can reach the tissues and impurities can be more easily eliminated from them.
- Activating the elimination process for the most thorough cleansing of the entire physiology.
Ayurvedic Oil Massage
Ayurvedic oil massage is used in treatments to aid the cleansing process. SukhAyurveda Consultant chooses specific Ayurvedic oil that is individually prepared for your condition.
Ayurvedic oil massage provides a deeply soothing and balancing effect for the entire physiology. The motion of massage creates heat and friction which enhance circulation and help cleanse affected tissues of chemical impurities that could be causing symptoms of chronic pain. The oil and herbs cleanse and nourish the tissues to aid in their repair and development.
The various herbs that have been boiled into base oil, and the oil itself, are specifically chosen for their effectiveness in removing the imbalances at the basis of your condition. The oil helps the balancing process by allowing the herbs to more deeply penetrate the affected tissues.
This program involves two types of Ayurvedic massage:
- Abhyanga massage is a gentle yet firm body massage from head to toe using warm blended oils chosen according to your dosha. The oils gently applied over the body as two therapists perform synchronized massage movements to give you a deeply relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
- Hot Herbal Poultice Massage This centuries-old treatment consists of a therapeutic massage using warm poultices filled with healing, fragrant herbs and spices from India. Warm oils are applied over your body. Then, utilizing the poultice, your therapist massages your body in slow rhythmic movements. Indian massage techniques are used to trace the energy pathways, pressure points, and lymphatic drainage. Every touch induces a new level of relaxation and healing. The fragrant therapeutic nature of the oils, poultice, and massage making this a heavenly, sumptuous experience that will leave you feeling rejuvenated, refreshed and wonderfully relaxed.
2) Proper Nutrition
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides detailed understanding of which foods to favor and avoid for your condition. Avoid foods that are hard-to-digest, clogging to the physiology and aggravating to the functioning modes that are already imbalanced in you. Favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body's inner intelligence.
One of the great strengths of the Ayurveda dietary approach is that it contains knowledge of how to have a light, easy-to-digest diet that still is both satisfying and nourishing. Many individuals have easily followed this diet and have improved their digestion and energy while also reducing their symptoms.
Herbs are considered nutritional supplements in Ayurveda. Their purpose is to restore balance to the specific functioning modes whose malfunctioning is causing your condition. SukhAyurveda Consultant selects the appropriate herbal formulas for aiding the healing process; strengthening digestion and helping the body purify itself of toxins and free radicals.
Free radicals are a specific class of chemicals that are highly irritating to the physiology. Scientific research has found that free radicals contribute to a wide variety of disorders. When appropriate, SukhAyurveda Consultants recommend Ayurveda herbs that research has shown contain powerful anti-oxidants and free radical scavengers.
Traditional Ayurveda theory says that herbs are most effective after a person completes an internal cleansing program. The cleansing and rejuvenation treatments are the main focus at SukhAyurveda. Once cleansing program is finished, maximum benefits are achieved from herbal program.
3) Creating Strong Digestion
Our ability to properly digest food is as important as what specific food we eat. Incompletely digested foods create toxins and impurities that are eventually absorbed, travel throughout the physiology, localize in tissues and disrupt their functioning. This process plays a major role in a wide variety of chronic conditions, including chronic pain.
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides recommendations for strengthening digestion including information in the following areas:
- Proper use of spices and cooking oils.
- Herbal preparations for improving digestion.
- Important differences between breakfast, lunch and dinner foods.
- A simple system to determine a balanced diet.
- Digestion-enhancing foods to favor.
- Digestion-depressing foods to reduce.
- Eating behavior for maximum digestion.
- Proper food combinations to avoid indigestion.
- Non-dietary regiments to improve digestive strength including exercise, specific Yoga asanas and breathing techniques.
4) Balancing Nervous System Activity
The nervous system controls most bodily functions, and almost every chronic condition is affected in some way when the nervous system activity becomes imbalanced. According to Ayurveda, the physiological principle at the basis of nervous system stability and activation is called Vata. Because nervous system imbalance contributes to chronic pain, from the Ayurveda perspective Vata imbalance is an underlying cause of the condition and needs to be reversed.
SukhAyurveda contains a wide variety of time-tested Ayurveda recommendations to help restore balance to Vata and remove the symptoms caused by its aggravation. These include specific diets, herbs, cleansing programs, Yoga asanas and Yoga breathing exercises.
5) Stress Management
Excessive mental, emotional and physical stress can worsen the symptoms of many chronic disorders, including chronic pain. This is due to hormonal changes and other biochemical responses to stress that can imbalance the nervous system and depress the healing ability of the body.
Enhancing the body's ability to recover from stress is an integral part of our approach to health and well-being. The following programs help reverse the body's response to stress:
- Ayurveda massage and heat treatments
- Yoga asana postures
6) Lifestyle and Daily Routine
One of the most important factors for maintaining healthy functioning is to have a lifestyle that does not disturb natural bodily rhythms. When we eat, sleep and exercise in constantly fluctuating and disturbing patterns, the body loses its natural balancing cycles and cannot cleanse or heal itself as effectively. Therefore, regularity in our daily routine can be extremely effective in reducing physiological imbalance at the basis of chronic pain.
SukhAyurveda Consultants reviews daily routine and creates a daily schedule that will increase balance in physiology and aid in healing of the body.
7) Exercise and Flexibility Education
SukhAyurveda considers proper stretching and flexibility exercises to have a very positive effect on circulation, nervous system function, the body's healing response and the treatment of many chronic conditions.
We offer Yoga classes every day and teach simple but profound set of postures that you can practice daily to improve circulation and create a healthy flexibility throughout the body. We also instruct you in individualized Yoga breathing practices that create a state of restful alertness in mind and body.
8) Strengthening the Body's Natural Healing and Self-Repair Mechanisms
Ultimately every treatment approach must depend on the body's natural healing ability for a real cure of the condition. SukhAyurveda's approach is not to attack the disorder with something from the outside, like drugs or surgery, but to attempt to enliven the innate healing response of the body.
The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activities within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach.
Taken together, all the SukhAyurveda programs described above aim to create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.